Learn how to make homemade ice cream taco shells
Ice cream taco shells are perfect summer dessert. Tacos are very popular, easy to make, and fun to eat. And the most important, children love them!
There are many different ways how to make dessert taco shells, and you can be very creative by adding different stuffings and toppings.
For our recipe, we choose pistachio ice cream because of its fragrant and flavorful taste and amazing green color. We also added peeled pistachio to the taco’s mixture which makes them even crispier.
Homemade tacos butter
You don’t need to go to the store and buy tacos. Make your own that will taste much better than pre-made ones. You can go even a step further and make your own homemade ice cream. For our perfect homemade ice creams check here.
So, in this recipe, we made our ice cream taco shells in the oven. But you can make them on a pan if it is easier for you. The taste will be almost the same.
This recipe doesn’t require any special equipment, a spatula, parchment paper, and a rolling pin is everything you will need.
Ice Cream Taco Shells Recipe
Prep Time: 20min
Cook time: 15min
Yield: 6 servings
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped raw almonds
2 egg whites
2 tbsp melted butter
FOR FILLING & TOPPING:
5 cup pistachio ice cream
2 tbsp peeled pistachio
2 tbsp raw walnut
2. Cover casserole with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Spoon on casserole 2 tablespoons of batter. Spread it out gently with the back of a spoon to make a circle.
4. Bake them about 15minutes until they get a brown color.
5. Take the casserole from the oven and separate the taco shells from a parchment paper with a spatula. While they are still warm, arrange the taco shells on a rounded rolling pin, so they will get the shape of a taco. Let cool.
6. Time for filling and topping! Stuff the taco shells with ice cream. Chopp the almonds and walnuts and add them on top.
7. Freeze for 2 hours.
8. Serve and enjoy!